Pueblo Las Dunas
The Pueblo Las Dunas (aka Plaza Las Dunas) is located on the island of Cayo Santa Maria between hotels Melia Cayo Santa Maria and Melia Las Dunas. It was inaugurated in the summer of 2011 and is managed by Gaviota Tourism Group S.A.
"Pueblo" means village, but in this case it's more like a large shopping and entertainment area (65,660 square feet) where tourists can find many other options besides the ones offered in their all-inclusive resort, and at very reasonable cost too! It's also the perfect spot for shopping for the famous Cuban cigars, rums and local handicraft.
Click here to see a map of Pueblo Las Dunas (satellite image) and click to see the brochure provided by Gaviota (pdf).
• Bar "Galeon del Puerto" (aka Barco del Pirata) (74 seats), hours: 10:00 to 23:00
• Snackbar "El Mosquete" (aka El Faro) (53 seats + bar), hours: 10:00 to 23:00
• Restaurant "Isla de la Tortuga" (158 seats + bar), hours: 11:00 to 16:00
• Discotheque "Marcaribe" (capacity 168), hours: 23:00 to 02:00
• Bowling Alley "La Bolera" (with bar 69 seats), hours: 10:00 to 02:00
• 3 boutiques (El Fortin, El Ponton et Fantasia)
• Outdoor Handicrafts Market
• Rental office (car, jeep, scooter, bicycle)
The modern bowling house "La Bolera" has 6 lanes (ten-pin style balls) with electronic score counters. "La Bolera" also has a bar section with a pool table, tables, chairs; this section can be reserved to groups for special events, the capacity of this room is 69 seats (56 at the tables, 13 at the bar); and for a little extra you can book "La Bolera" with open-bar.
The neighbor Melia hotels are very popular for wedding celebrations, the Pueblo Las Dunas restaurants can be booked exclusively for wedding groups as well as the bowling house "La Bolera".
Note that there's no wellness center (spa) or gym inside the Pueblo Las Dunas itself. These services are located next to the pueblo, in joint facilities between the hotels Melia Las Dunas and Melia Cayo Santa Maria for guests at these hotels.
How to get there:
Guests staying at the Melia Las Dunas and Melia Cayo Santa Maria resorts can go on foot. Guests from other hotels can go by taxi (3 to 10 CUC one-way, depending on hotel) or with the Panoramic Bus (2 CUC one-way) which stops at every hotel, pueblos, and the Delfinario (dolphinarium).
Distance between the Pueblo Las Dunas and each hotel:
• Villa Las Brujas (13.4 km)
• Sercotel Cayo Santa Maria (12.0 km)
• Dhawa Cayo Santa Maria (11.8 km)
• Angsana Cayo Santa Maria (11.1 km)
• Iberostar Ensenachos (3.6 km)
• Melia Buenavista (3.1 km)
• Sol Cayo Santa Maria (1.0 km)
• Melia Cayo Santa Maria (400 m)
• Melia Las Dunas (700 m)
• Playa Cayo Santa Maria (1.9 km)
• Starfish Cayo Santa Maria (3.6 km)
• Royalton Cayo Santa Maria (3.2 km)
• Memories Paraiso Beach Resort (3.9 km)
• Grand Memories Santa Maria (4.0 km)
• Golden Tulip Aguas Claras (4.8 km)
• Warwick Cayo Santa Maria (7.1 km)
• Ocean Casa del Mar by H10 (8.1 km)
• Valentin Perla Blanca (10.0 km)
Click to view our Gallery of Pueblo las Dunas.
Lily & Normand