Plaza Las Salinas
(construction name : Pueblo La Flor de Sal)
In 2015, began the construction of this tourist center (aka plaza or pueblo) in the central part of Cayo Las Brujas (small island next to Cayo Santa Maria), it should open by March 2018. The "Plaza Las Salinas" is located next to the hotel Sercotel Cayo Santa Maria and Dhawa Cayo Santa Maria (see note below).
"Pueblo" means village, but in this case it's more like a shopping and entertainment area where tourists will find many other options besides the ones offered in their all-inclusive resort, and at very reasonable cost too! This new commercial center will offer similar services to the one found in the three existing pueblos in Cayo Santa Maria: Plaza La Estrella, Plaza Las Dunas, and Plaza Las Terrazas.
But one thing is different for Plaza Las Salinas, compared to the other pueblos (aka Plazas), it will also include a small hotel of 67 rooms.
Bowling house, discotheque, boutiques, handicrafts market, Spa, lounge Bar, beach Bar, Japanese restaurant, Italian restaurant (trattoria), Creole restaurant. More information and photos in months to come.
Please note that these services are not part of your All-inclusive package.
How to get there:
Guests staying at the Sercotel Cayo Santa Maria and the Dhawa Cayo Santa Maria can go on foot by the road and paths. Guests staying at Villa Las Brujas can go on foot by the beach (Playa La Salina).
Guests from other hotels can go by taxi or with the Panoramic Bus (1 CUC one-way) which stops at every hotel, pueblos (aka plazas), and the Delfinario (dolphinarium).
Distance between the Plaza Las Salinas and the hotels :
• Villa Las Brujas (3.2 km)
• Sercotel Cayo Santa Maria (860 m)
• Dhawa Cayo Santa Maria (650 m)
• Angsana Cayo Santa Maria (1.7 km)
• Iberostar Ensenachos (8.1 km)
• Melia Buenavista (14.5 km)
• Sol Cayo Santa Maria (12.3 km)
• Melia Cayo Santa Maria (11.7 km)
• Melia Las Dunas (11.9 km)
• Playa Cayo Santa Maria (12.5 km)
• Starfish Cayo Santa Maria (14.1 km)
• Royalton Cayo Santa Maria (13.8 km)
• Memories Paraiso Beach Resort (14.4 km)
• Grand Memories Santa Maria (14.6 km)
• Golden Tulip Aguas Claras (15.5 km)
• Warwick Cayo Santa Maria (17.7 km)
• Ocean Casa del Mar by H10 (18.6 km)
• Valentin Perla Blanca (20.6 km)
Note: Some hotel like the Sercotel or the Dhawa have "Cayo Santa Maria" in their name, but they are located on the island of Cayo Las Brujas (a few kilometers west of Cayo Santa Maria). In fact, the beach resort of "Los Cayos de Villa Clara" is often simply reffered as Cayo Santa Maria (its main siland). So keep in mind that you need transportation to get form Cayo Las Brujas to Cayo Santa Maria or vice-versa.
Click to view our Gallery of Plaza Las Salinas (under construction).
Lily & Normand